Malaysian Beauty Rekha for Ozero Swimwear
Model: Rekha (@rekha1420) Photography: Annatasha (@monkeydisease) Location: Malaysia
Rekha Haresh Kumar was born in Kedah (a state in northwest Malaysia), grew up in Penang, and currently based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Her exotic features and extremely friendly personality help her to pursue the career of a model and achieve some great results. Here is a beautiful shoot with Rekha in Ozero Swimwear pieces and our Q&A with her.
- Why did you decide to become a model? And how did you start? Being a model wasn’t something I was planning for myself but I’m very grateful for all the opportunities I'm given now. I started my modeling career after I was scouted by a makeup artist.
- What is the best part of modeling? Working as a model really helps me boost my confidence level. Not fully yet, but I'm working on it.
- What’s the hardest part of your job? It’s still pretty hard to get a good number of shoots because I’m not the "preferred" height/size for a model.
- What’s the biggest misconception about modeling? That our jobs are easy and always glamorous.
- Three things a model cannot leave her house without? Phone, mascara, lip balm.
- Your dream shoot location? Anywhere in Italy, NYC, London.
- Who inspires you from the fashion industry? Coco Rocha (@cocorocha).
- What do you love about Malaysia? Food and culture.
- What's the best local dish every visitor must try in Malaysia? Nasi kandar beratur and any local dish in Penang!
- What’s your hobby and why? Running, because it makes me feel free and at peace.
- What’s something you still would like to learn? How to communicate with people easily, create some art, and dance.
- What is something that people would be surprised to know about you? That I speak very loud.
- What are the words you live by? If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything.
How would you define beauty? Beauty is shown by your kindness and compassion.