Ozero Swimwear by Alena Lobanova, Perm, Russia
Photography: Alena Lobanova (@milkyflower) MUA: Olga Orlova (@olgaorloova) Location: Perm, Russia
Alena Lobanova (on the picture above) is a photographer from Perm, Russia. The style of her photos has some magical touch to it, and some of the shots bring you straight to a fairy world full of beauty and wonders. Enjoy Alena’s beautiful work for Ozero Swimwear, as well as our quick Q&A with her.
- Introduce yourself. Hi! My name is Alena and I have two miracles in my life: my son and photography.
- How long have you been into photography? I’ve been doing it professionally since 2012, however, was playing around with the film camera since 2009. I was always into “pictures”.
- How would you describe yourself to people who don’t know you? I’m a very honest and straightforward person.
- Describe your work in three words. Fantasy, beauty and a bit of craziness.
- Which photographers do you admire at the moment? It’s hard to choose, but at the moment I love work by Glen Luchford, Tim Walker, Peter Lindbergh, Ellen von Unwerth, Antonina Zharko and many more! There are so many talented creatives around the world.
- If you had a chance to choose one photographer who could do your portrait, who would it be? Peter Lindbergh.
- Three pieces of advice you would have shared with younger yourself at the beginning of your career? Do creative projects more. Break the rules. Shoot what you like.
- What’s your personal credo? I stole it from Ray Bradbury: “Everyone must leave something behind when he dies . . . Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die . . . It doesn't matter what you do, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away.”